Khumba : Half a Zebra... a Whole Lot of Adventure DVD
DVD is Used but in Very Good Condition. Sealed.
Life is not all black and white for Khumba. A young zebra, born with only half of his stripes, is rejected by his superstitious heard and blamed for a sudden drought affecting the land. Teaming up with a sassy wildebeest and a flamboyant ostrich, Khumba sets out on a daring mission across the Karoo desert to find the legendary waterhole where the first zebras got their stripes. Along the way he meets a host of colorful characters, but before he can reunite with his herd, Khumba will have to come face to face with a menacing leopard to take part in an epic battle…Khumba’s got to earn his stripes!
Limited Theatrical Release: December 6, 2013
DVD Release: January 14, 2014
CBA Release: July 8, 2014
Special Features: YES
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Run Time: 85 mins
Country Of Origin: South Africa
Aspect Ratio: 16 x 9
- Jake T. Austin – Disney's “Wizards of Waverly Place,” Hotel for Dogs, Rio 1 & 2
- Anna Sophia Robb – The CW's “The Carrie Diaries,” The Way Way Back, Soul Surfer
Primetime Emmy Winner Loretta Devine - ABC's "Grey's Anatomy", Waiting To Exhale, Crash
- Richard E. Grant – Corpse Bride, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, The Iron Lady
- Academy Award Nominee Liam Neeson– Schindler’s List, Taken, The Dark Knight Rises
- Golden Globe Winner Steve Buscemi - HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" Hotel Translyvania, Monster's University
- Academy Award Nominee Laurence Fisburne - What's Love Got To Do With It, The Matrix, Man Of Steel
- Anika Noni Rose - Dreamgirls, ABC's "Private Practice", CBS "The Good Wife"
COMP TITLES: Sea Level, Niko 2: Little Brother, Big Trouble, Legend Of Kung Fu Rabbit, A Turtle’sTale, A Turtle’s Tale 2, Delhi Safari, Reef 2: High Tide, Animals United, Adventures of Zambezia
When you are a zebra but you only have half of your stripes, life is difficult and so is fitting in. Khumba does not understand why he was born different and just wants to be like all the others in his herd. But when he learns of the magic watering hole that gave all the zebras their stripes, he sets out on his own to find it. There are many other animals in the Karoo desert that are in search of water and there are dangers along the way.
Being different is not a bad thing and that’s one of the themes of the movie. You sometimes have to show that although you might not have your “stripes”, you have the will to earn them. So in Khumba’s case this is the effect of his actions that save the herd and many other animals from the drought. “Khumba” is an entertaining movie and we award it the Dove “Family-Approved” Seal for all ages.
For All Ages
Language: The word "ass" is used in reference to an animal.
Violence: Mom dies; animals are chased by other animals and also chased by vehicles.
Other: A belief in magical water.